Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Inspiration

Below is a list of arsits and thier inspirations. Choose one "facet of inspiration" (in color) and pick an aritst that is inspired in that way.
Go to www.artchive.com or other art site to look at 4 of thier works.

Cut and paste an image of thier work into your response.
Write a paragrpah expaling how you think thier inspiration is evident in their works. You may need to read some to do this. Be sure to give your opinon of the artist too!

Sounds - from Nature, Music, Songs Romare Bearden
Words - Poetry, Literature, Quotes, Phrase -Charles Demuth, J. Holzer, B. Kruger
Images - Work of other artists Andy Warhol, Pablo Picasso
Pictures - from books, magazines, catalogs Lucinda Durbin - Doll artist, Karen Smith
Elements & principles - abstraction Frank Stella , Mondrian
Vignettes of nature - observation Georgia O'Keeffe
Observation - Realism Leonardo da Vinci
Imagination - dreams - fantasy H. Rousseau, R. Magritte, Selkie Whitebear
Expression - emotions Vincent Van Gogh, Jackson Pollock
Beliefs and values - Cultural traditions Native American, West African
Events - tragedy - war - life experiences Pablo Picasso, Karen Smith - doll artist
Symbolism - Culture - Environment Native American, West African, J. Lawrence
Functional use West African Art , Native American Pottery
The object - the materials - an image:
Jasper Johns, Andrea Scholes designs as she goes, Lucinda Durbin - Quilt maker (fabrics), James Michael Lawrence - digital artist, Louise Spell - artist & dollmaker

10 comments:

  1. Shmanders-Tilluhh

    Im most inspired probably by imagination. I love dreams because i can be whatever i want in them and i controll them. I love dreams and everythign they are about i honestly don't believe in "nightmares" because its a waste of emotion to get upset over "nightmares" and i just love drawing dreams. I tried to find an artist i looked at all of their artwork and i dont like them at all. they are nothing like what i picture when i think of dreams and fantasy. So yep thats my inspiration.

    Bah-bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mostly inspired by words.Words help paint a picture.You can paint words just like you can paint a picture.The words of poetry help with a sense of emotion.Poetry can show depression,love,happiness,and anger.All of those emotions make for a great artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Van Gogh shows expression in
    the painting The Starry Night. Maybe he
    shows feels sad.... The paintings also can
    show happiness.... I also like the Artist...
    Like how he shows emotions on his Painting...
    He shows if he is happy or sad... Its the
    way he uses color and lines....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am inspired by my imagination and dreams you can picture something in your mind and use your imagination to bring your insperation to life some times i draw certain things and need a artistic spark to bring my creations to life on paper all i am saying is that your imagination could be used as a powerful art tool .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carley sez:

    I really can't explain how i am inspired. Inspiration for me comes from EVERYWHERE, quite literally. I am inspired by colors, and people, especially people, and sounds and words, language, poetry, nature, animals, places. Many things inspire me, and random things inspire me.
    I chose to talk about Barbara Kruger:

    CLICK HERE TO LOOK AT HER PICTURE

    [Title: You Are Not Yourself
    Medium: Photo collage
    Size: 182.9 x 121.9 cm Image from World's Women On-line ]

    She is inspired by feminism. Words are used in her artwork to portray a feeling. it gets the messege across without being literally direct. Feminism is evident in her work because even the images she alters have something to do with it, and the words add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am mostly inspired by images, like Andy Warhol.
    I like to look at things and then draw or paint them. I'm not really good at picturing things in my head and then putting them on paper.

    http://utenti.romascuola.net/bramarte/pop%20art/img/war1.jpg

    I love the Marilyn Monroe painting by Andy Warhol. I think that his inspiration is evident in what he does because he models most of his artwork after famous things like Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and the Campbells Soup Can. I really, really love Andy Warhol and I like all of his artwork.
    -Katie S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I chose Vignettes of nature - observation Georgia O'Keeffe. The picture I chose was of red snapdragons. She had so much detail in that picture. I believe that showed her love of nature. I found her picture really lifelike. Also in nature there is more than one scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Imagination - dreams - fantasy H. Rousseau, R. Magritte, Selkie Whitebear. I like these kind of paintings they are fun to really look at. they are very interesting to see whats going on in thier painting.
    -Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot this-
    René MagritteBelgian
    1898 - 1967
    "Popular Panorama"
    This artwork links up three completely different landscapes.
    -Mikayla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelci: I'm inspired by a lot of different things, but recently, it's been more based on war and history-type stuff (mostly war). I choose Picasso's 'The Tragedy' because the colors go together, and it's not abstract. (http://www.nga.gov/cgi-bin/pimage?46388+0+0)
    It seems to me that most of his work doesn't have to do with the inspiration (but it's not like I know what he was thinking). But my opinion of Picasso is that he's good at his type of art.

    ReplyDelete